My #wcw #teganrainquin she is really my woman crush everyday! #loveher teganandsara cant wait to see them!!! #needtowinthelotto
Alright. Since a lot of people seem to not know about this, I’m posting it. The video was recorded July 12, 2003, and they were doing an in-store at CD World. This was when Sara had hives really bad and Tegan had some eye infection thing (pink eye?). This is years before ptosis. She was wearing the sunglasses, because if she took them off, the light was too much for her eye and it closed on it’s own. She couldn’t see well, and around 1:50, she hits her head. Sara tells her to use her other eye.
1) They’re about to play When I Get Up/I Got You. Hey Tegan, why does this song remind you of a letter Sara sent you?
2) Sara’s body language toward Tegan in the first 6 seconds of the video. Hey Sara. Look at Tegan more adoringly. Pay even more attention to her than you already are. Are you even blinking?
3) When Tegan says, “You make it up that I don’t care about you,” Sara instantly turns away and starts fiddling with her guitar. Sara is shy about discussing their feelings for each other, whatever those feelings may be. She does this a bunch throughout the video. Her guitar is her ‘safe place’/’nervous habit’.
4) Tegan is plays the chords to WIGU/IGY louder while she says, “But I do care about you.” (Can I just add that the way she says this breaks my heart a little? OMG Baby!)
5) Tegan: “Well, it was a really weird letter. Like, Sara said things to me that nobody has ever said to me, like…she was just like…” OH COME ON.
6) As soon as Tegan was about to say something that was in the letter, Sara immediately cut her off. Perhaps she was afraid of what part Tegan would share?
7) Sara cutting Tegan off: “K, well, you don’t have to get into it. We haven’t even talked about it yet.” OH COME ON. AGAIN? You have to talk about the letter’s contents? REALLY?
8) Tegan emphasizing they are sisters around 0:56. Her wording is awkward. “Just in a sister way.” Okay sure. “Like she’s a sister to me.” Um, Tegan. ‘Like’ she’s your sister? She’s a sister ‘to’ you? Generally when someone is ‘like’ a sibling ‘to’ someone else, those two are not related. Why are you speaking like you’re not related?
9) Before the video ends, Sara starts discussing when she moved to Montreal. Hey Sara, why is this your first thought after Tegan talked about the letter?
Okay. That’s all I have for right now, but anyone else can add to this. This video is just beyond fucking Quincesty that it can’t be real. But it IS real, which is the best part.
Seriously cannot wait to see them in September! !! A meet and greet would be fantastic, but how?? Anyone have meet and greet tips!!!
|—||-Tegan Quin (via theseoverusedwords)|
*accidentally in love with Tegan and Sara forever*